Establishment of State Safety Oversight System
State Safety Programme
Safety Risk Assesment
Standards for Manuals & Documents
- SLCAP 3010 Personnel Licencing Procedure Manual (PLPM)
[ PDF - 1.88 MB ]
- SLCAP 3040 English Language Proficiency Check (ELPC) Procedure Manual SLCAP 3040 English Language Proficiency Check (ELPC) Procedure Manual
[ PDF - 998 KB ]
- SLCAP 3050 Flight Test Examiner Manual (FTEM)
[ PDF - 1.81 MB ]
- SLCAP 3050 Flight Test Examiner Manual Part 3 (Handbook)
[ PDF - 2.49 MB ]
- SLCAP 3060 Air Traffic Controller Assessment ATC Procedures Manual ATCPM
[ PDF - 2.17 MB ]
- SLCAP 3070 Aircraft Maintenance Licence Assessment Procedure Manual AML APM
[ PDF - 3.89 MB ]
- SLCAP 3080 Personnel Licencing Examination Procedures Manual (PLEM)
[ PDF - 1.27 MB ]
- Attachment to SLCAP 3080 Personnel Licencing Examination Procedures Manual (PLEM)
[ PDF - 914 KB ]
- SLCAP 3090 Flying School Certification Manual (FSCM)
[ PDF - 3.44 MB ]
- SLCAP 3100 Perpetual Licence Assessment Procedure Manual (PLAPM)
[ PDF - 3.74 MB ]
- SLCAP 3020 Appendix IV -Guidelines for CAMEs
[ PDF - 493 KB ]
- SLCAP 3020 Medical Procedure Manual
[ PDF - 2.18 MB ]
- SLCAP 4100 4th Edition 27th March 2018 2004 – Air Operator Certification Manual
In terms of Section 73(1) of the Civil Aviation Act No 14 of 2010 and supplemented under the Air Navigations Regulations of 1955, Chapter xiii “Air Services Operations”, requires a person intending to operate an aircraft for Private, Aerial Work, Charter or Regular Public Transport services to obtain an authorization from Director General Civil Aviation. An Air Operator Certification (AOC) specifies the nature and scope of operations granted to an air operator together with the terms, conditions and limitations applicable to such operations.
CAASL has published a guidance material & certification checklists to make it easier for an applicant who has an intent of commencing any of the above mentioned operations in Sri Lanka.
Click here to download [ PDF - 2.92 MB ]
- SLCAP 4105 2nd Edition 01st April 2018 – Foreign Air Operator Certification Manual
Any Foreign Operator desirous of conducting regular and / or charter operations to Sri Lanka is required to send a letter of intent to the DGCA and be subject to a certification process. The requirements that the operators has to satisfy is given in detail in this manual. On successful completion the operator will be permitted to operate to Sri Lanka with the Foreign Air Operator Certificate (FAOC) issued by the Operations Section. .
Click here to download [ PDF - 369 KB ]
- SLCAP 4010 2nd Edition 2004 - Manual on Regulatory Audit
The Manual on Regulatory Audits is the guidance material for the Regulatory Audit Programme of the CAASL that promote the conformance with aviation regulations and standards, which collectively prescribe an acceptable level of aviation safety. Despite the fact that many air operators have their own guidance material for the internal audits, all air operators are encouraged to use the policy and procedure in this manual as a benchmark in developing such manuals.
Click here to download [ PDF - 3.21 MB ]
- SLCAP 4200 2nd Edition 05th April 2018 - Operations Inspector Handbook
Operations Inspector Handbook provides the technical guidance for the conduct of Aviation Safety Oversight by the CAA of Sri Lanka. In addition the manual encompass information, policy and procedures necessary for the Operations Inspectors to perform tasks in support of the Air Navigation Regulations. The goal of the CAASL is to provide guidance that empowers personnel to conduct their tasks in a standardized manner.
Click here to download [ PDF - 4.13 MB ]
- SLCAP 4205 4th Edition 01st April 2018 - Designated Check Pilots Manual
it is an accepted practice for the Civil Aviation Regulatory Authority of a State to delegate certain examining functions to Designated Personnel of the Operator. The qualification requirements that a Designated Check Pilot has to comply with is given in the manual. Due to the nature of aviation business in Sri Lanka the large operators may have their own DCPs as approved by the DGCA and small operators may have free lance DCPs to meet the requirement as approved. In accordance with Air Navigation Regulation 216 any Air Operator intending to establish checking Organization shall have the set checking organization established in conformity with the requirements of this manual.
Click here to download [ PDF - 1.89 MB ]
- SLCAP 4210 2nd Edition 11th June 2015 - State Limitations on Flight Time, Flight Duty Periods, Duty Periods & Rest periods for of Flight Crew Members & Cabin Crew Members for Fatigue Management.
In the absence of Fatigue Risk Management Systems in Sri Lanka, CAASL has published Prescriptive Flight Time Limitations for Managing Fatigue for Crewmembers. This Manual is prepared to give guidance for an operator to be guided when they publish Limitations on Flight time, Flight Duty Periods, Duty Periods and Rest Periods for Flight and Cabin Crew members for Fatigue Management. Based on the requirements published an operator is required to forward their Operator’s scheme for the approval of DGCA.
Click here to download [ PDF - 630 KB ]
- SLCAP 4215 2nd Edition 06th February 2018 - Master Minimum Equipment List / Minimum Equipment List Policies & Procedures Manual
SLCAP 4215 has been prepared for the use & guidance of Civil Aviation Authority & Industry Personnel and, contains all the relevant information with respect to the philosophy, development and approval of the MMEL & MEL as required by the CAA in accordance with ASN 053.
Click here to download [ PDF - 2.26 MB ]
- SLCAP 4220 2nd Edition 10th May 2018 - Flight Data Analysis Programme
This document outlines good practices relating to an operators Flight Data Analysis (FDA) programme which shall eventually be a proactive and a non-punitive programme for gathering and analyzing data recorded during routine flights to improve Flight Crew Performances, Operating Procedures, Flight Frequency & Air Traffic Control Procedures, Air Navigation Services or Aircraft Maintenance and Design.
Click here to download [ PDF - 896 KB ]
- SLCAP 4225 2nd Edition 15th March 2018 - Operations Inspector Training Manual
The Inspectors of CAASL are delegated duties and responsibilities according to one‘s qualifications to ensure the safety oversight is carried out effectively to fulfill the obligations vested through regulations with the authority. The ethics an inspector should possess, training policies and the training requirements that an Inspector is required to fulfill is outlined in this manual.
Click here to download [ PDF - 482 KB ]
- SLCAP 4300 4th Edition 01st April 2018 - Cabin Crew members Manual Standard
All Commercial operators have to submit a Safety & Emergency Procedures Manual for approval of the DGCA, prior to conduct of flight operations. This manual specifies in point form the minimum standards for content, which an air operator must include in the publication of a Safety & Emergency Procedures Manual.
Click here to download [ PDF - 548 KB ]
- SLCAP 4305 4th Edition 30th March 2018 - Cabin Crew members Training Standard
The assignment of Cabin crew members for safety related duties on board is a requirement according to published requirements of CAASL. An operator is required to establish and maintain training programmes approved by the DGCA to be completed by all persons before being assigned as a Cabin Crew member. This manual specifies the minimum Initial & Recurrent training requirements of the CAASL for an operator to have included in its programme in order to get approval of the DGCA.
Click here to download [ PDF - 2.36 MB ]
- SLCAP 4400 4th Edition 15th March 2018 - Manual on Transport of Dangerous Goods
ANR 129 states that “no operator shall handle or transport Dangerous Goods by air without the explicit approval from the DGCA in writing”. The objective of this document is to explain in detail the conditions and requirements that should satisfy by an operator who wishes to transport/handle Dangerous Goods into, out of, over or within Sri Lanka, in order to obtain the required authorization from the DGCA.
Click here to download [ PDF - 923 KB ]
- SLCAP 4410 2nd Edition 01st April 2018 - Dangerous Goods Inspector Guidance Manual
The policies, procedures and guidelines presented in this manual are designed to help the inspectors to implement the inspection programme of the Air Transportation of dangerous goods and to promote uniform understanding. The inspectors are required to be guided by the instructions contain in this manual in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
Click here to download [ PDF - 1.99 MB ]
- SLCAP 4500 2nd Edition 21st may 2018 - Preparation and Certification of Operations Manual
The purpose of this manual is to provide guidance to the operator in preparation of the Flight Operation Manual and to provide instructions to Operations Inspectors of Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka in approving the Flight Operations Manual of an operator. All operators are required to maintain the conformity with this manual to obtain the required approval for their Flight Operations Manual.
Click here to download [ PDF - 1.59 MB ]
- SLCAP 4510 1st Edition (Revision 2) May 2014 - Manual of All Weather Operations
The intention of this manual is to provide instructions to all air operators, those who are already authorized to carry out Category I operations and seek approval, in respect of maintenance and operation of the Aircraft in Category II and Category III weather conditions and for the low visibility take offs. Further, this is the guidance material for necessary inspectors of the CAA of Sri Lanka, delegated with the task of checking and approving such upgrade.
Click here to download [ PDF - 919 KB ]
- SLCAP 4515 1st Edition 01st October 2010 - Aircraft Performance Code
This Aero plane Performance Code (APC) is primarily intended for application to large turbine-powered subsonic transport type aero planes having two or more engines. However, where relevant, it can be applied to all turbine or piston-powered subsonic aero planes having two or more engines. It is not intended for application to STOL or VTOL aero planes. The contents of the manual indicate how performance should be determined as a representation of the performance that reasonably can be assured to exist in service.
Click here to download [ PDF - 551 KB ]
- SLCAP 4520 1st Edition 10th August 2015 – Performance Based Navigation
Click here to download [ PDF - 3320 KB ]
- SLCAP 4525 1st Edition 10th January 2017 – Extended Diversion Time Operations
Click here to download [ PDF - 2081 KB ]
- SLCAP 4535 1st Edition 15th March 2017 – Electronic Flight Bag
Click here to download [ PDF – 0.99 MB ]
- SLCAP 4550 1st Edition 2019 - Ground Handling Certification Manual
Click here to download [ PDF -1053 KB]lick here to download [ PDF -1053 KB]
- SLCAP 6100 Airworthiness Procedures Manual - 2018- 2nd Edition - Rev. 05 - 01.06.2020
[ PDF - 2.6 MB ]
- SLCAP 6200 AW Inspectors Hand Book - Rev 1 - 10.04.2018
[ PDF - 7.8 MB ]
|Guidelines for Compliance to the IS-145 Regulations||Procedure for Authorized Release Certificate CAASL Form 1 - Procedure 2|
|Procedure for CAASL Form 2 – Procedure 3|
|145 MOE Procedure – Procedure 4|
|Application Procedure For AMO Applicants – Procedure 6|
|Guidelines for Compliance to IS-Part M||Application Procedure for CAMO/AMO/AMTO Applicants (Procedure 1)|
|Guidelines for Compliance to IS-147||Procedure for Initial/Change/Continuation of MTO Approval – Procedure 5|
|General Guidance||Disposition of Aircraft parts and Materials – Procedure 7|
- Aerodrome Inspector Handbook
[ PDF - 903.19 KB ]
- SLCAP200 Manual of Aerodrome Certification Procedures 1st Edition 3 03 2008
[ PDF - 664 KB ]
- SLCAP2100 Airside Operation Safety Manual 1st Edition 20 11 2008
[ PDF - 2.00 MB ]
- SLCAP2200 Aerodrome Inspector Handbook 2nd Edition 01 08 2010
[ PDF - 899.70 KB ]
- SLCAP2300 Manual On Exemption Procedurs for Non Compliances at Aerodromes 1st Edition 01 10 2010
[ PDF - 264.18 KB ]
- SLCAP2150 Runway Safety Programme 1st Ed 2017
[ PDF - 1.00 MB ]
- SLCAP2900 Guidance Material for Aerodrome Operators on Conducting Aeronautical Studies / Safety Risk Assessments
[ PDF - 1.00 MB ]