A student pilot :-
- Shall be at least 16 years of age
- shall hold a student pilot licence (SPL)
- shall have an appropriate valid medical certificate
- shall not fly solo unless under the supervision of, or with the authority of, an authorized flight instructor
- shall not fly solo in an aircraft on an international flight unless by special or general arrangement between DGCA Sri Lanka and the ICAO state concerned.
- All applicants for flying training shall be subjected to security screening and shall obtain Security Clearance.
Requirements and the procedure for the Application:-
- Enroll with an Approved Flying Training Organization (ATO).
- Obtain Class 1 or 2 Medical Certificate from CAASL.
- Obtain Security Clearance report.
- Register with the computerized Licensing System through www.caa.lk – CAASL Licensing System
- Create the user profile.
- Submit the SPL issuance application form.
- Attach the following documents to the application.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of National Identity Card / Passport
- Copy of Educational Certificates
- Enrollment letter from ATO
- If you need any assistance to create the profile or add new application, press the “Help” button.
Visit the Training Organization & Personnel Licensing (TOPL) Section with the original documents and completed counter checklist. Make the relevant payment to commence the process of evaluation of the application.
Application will not be processed unless the applicant produce all required original certificates /documents to TOPL section of CAASL and make the relevant payments.
Application/Document submission time: 9.00 am – 12.30 pm
Document Collection time: 1.30 pm – 3.30 pm
More detailed requirements can be found in Implementing Standard 72 and SLCAP 3010
Click here for frequently asked questions on SPL.
CAASL Approved Flying Training Organizations Click here