An operator who intends to establish a basic helicopter landing site shall apply for the required approval from the DGCA
Written request by the operator to the DGCA along with below details of the helicopter landing site.
- The highest D value of the helicopter intend to operate at the location.
- Dimension and location of FATO (Final approach and take-off area) and TLOF(Touchdown and lift-off area)
- Dimensions of the safety area.
- Dimensions and locations of helicopter stands, if any.
- Locations and heights of any buildings or structures in the proximity.
- Details of proposed take-off and approach paths.
After assessing of the details and physical inspection to check the compliancy against IS 41, the DGCA will grant approval for the establishment and operation of the helicopter landing site/ Helipad subject to the applicable fee. (Click here to visit Implementing Standards)