Please see below message received from the Consul General in Cyprus on the following subject.
URGENT - Requirement to produce a medical certificate by all visitors to Cyprus, including Sri Lankans.
To: Secretary Foreign Relations
- Chairman, Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka
- Controller General, Department of Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka
- Chairman, Sri Lanka Foreign Employment Bureau
This is to inform you that in an urgent Cabinet meeting held today regarding the outbreak of CoronaVirus in Cyprus, it has been decided that with effect from 6.00 pm (Cyprus time) on 16th March 2020:
- Entry into the Republic of Cyprus of those who possess a valid visa will only be granted to those who, upon their arrival, submit a medical certificate that they have been tested for coronavirus by certified medical centers from their country of origin.
- Those who fulfil these conditions will be placed under a 14-day compulsory quarantine at accommodation facilities designated by the Republic of Cyprus.
- It is notified that no one will be allowed to enter the Republic of Cyprus unless they meet and accept the above conditions.
Accordingly, I would be grateful if you could take urgent measures to notify the said regulation that will be in effect from 6.00 pm ( Cyprus time) on 16th March 2020, to all relevant parties in Sri Lanka including the main airlines ( mainly Gulf Airline, Qatar airline and Emirate airline) as there are many Sri Lankans waiting in Sri Lanka to return to Cyprus following their visit to Sri Lanka.
Please contact the undersigned for any further clarifications in this regard.